ac

Cozy & Clean: New house homeware

Friday, August 07, 2015

As much as I love stocking up on homeware, I think it's more worthwhile to invest in a a few staple pieces to avoid clutter and unnecessary spending. I already have a some good homeware pieces in York from last year that I decided to keep- like fairy lights, photo frames, blankets and a few bits and bobs. This summer has been all about downsizing for me. I've come to the conclusion it's not about having a mass amount of stuff to fill your room with, but rather a smaller collection of good staple pieces. Being smart about what you choose to buy avoids making pointless purchases and unnecessary spending. However there are some things you do need mass amounts of like blankets, candles and pillows and I will not be convinced otherwise. 
If you hadn't already picked up on it, I love white. Something about white is so relaxing and calming to me. The combination of wood and white makes me so happy. The room I'm living in next year is coming fully furnished, luckily with wood pieces. I want the vibe of this room to be cozy and clean. This means minimal clutter and lots of white everywhere.  
The bed is the most important component of a bedroom (obviously) which to me justifies splurging on bedding. Even before I began working at Anthropologie I've been in love with their bedding. Inevitably, my obsession has only increased since working there and being surrounded by their beautiful homeware collection constantly. 


1. Georgina Duvet from Anthropologie retails for $328.00 – $398.00 and comes in five colors. I know this is a lot to spend for bedding, but this duvet is absolutely beautiful and the only way I can justify it is through an employee appreciation discount. You can take a look at it right here. This duvet has been on display in the store for a while now and every time I pass by it I want to just curl up inside. It's so white and frilly and puffy how can I resist?! 

2. TISDAG LED work lamp from Ikea.com (U.K. version). 

3. OFELIA throw blanket from Ikea.com (again U.K. version) is beautiful and retails for twenty pounds. There's nothing to really justify this purchase other than the fact I think it's is so cute and will look really nice layered over the duvet. Check it out here

4. Acra Jewerly Box from Anthropologie. I love this because it's see through and has three separate sections. It's also really small and compact which is great for those of you sparse on storage. 

5. LUDDE Sheepskin rug from Ikea. I think this will look really nice either on the floor as a rug or draped over the desk chair. 


Above are a couple pictures of the room and house I will be living in come September. I'm so excited to start decorating and making this place my home. I'm also incredibly excited because this will be the first time in my life owning a full sized bed. Moving on up in life what can I say. 

Until next time, 
Christy x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images