ac

Sushi Bowl- The cheap and quick meal for the lazy and broke uni student

Friday, July 17, 2015


***Disclaimer: This post is embarrassingly overdue but better late than never***





Due to the fact that we were cooking this one of the last weeks left of uni, my friend Mia and I literally used anything we could find and pooled our scarce resources together. We managed to obtain some bell peppers, avocado, mushrooms and brown rice and concocted a delicious sushi bowl recipe which was incredibly filling and super easy to make. 



What we used: 

  • Long grain brown rice (however much you want, we eyeballed it)
  • 1/2 pack of mushrooms
  • 1 avocado 
  • 2 bell peppers 
  • Tamari soy sauce 

All you need to do is chop up all your ingredients into bite sized portions! 

I had heard about this from one of my favorite vegan bloggers who I'll link below (I'm not vegan I just really enjoy food posts) and decided to give it a try and I absolutely love it! Every student needs one of these in their cupboard as it makes any bland meal instantly delicious. 


I personally don't like raw mushrooms so we threw a batch of them into a saucepan with some olive oil and let them cook for about ten minutes- Of course this is optional and increases the amount of prep time but I think it's totally worth it. PS some of these mushrooms are green because they were touching the avocado- not because they were moldy just wanted to put that out there. 


Mia had a really good sweet potato fry recipe which I'll link right here. They were damn good and went so well with the savory sushi bowls.  

Our finished product! All you do is put the rice at the bottom of the bowl and layer the various veggies on top! And there you go- two beautiful sushi bowls topped with tamari sauce (I say topped, but I completely drenched my sushi bowl with that stuff, seriously it's so good). 


I had my sushi bowl with some green tea and Mia had hers with some Turkish Apple tea :)


Hope this helped some of you combat the endeavor of feeding yourselves when you literally have zero cooking skills and very little ingredients because you've spent all your money on clothes and cocktails (I'm speaking from experience if you can't tell).

Love, 
Christy 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images